Friday 20 January 2012

My current favourite foundations

I am constantly buying new product all the time, but most of the time they don't make the grade and get shooved to the back of my make-up draw. I then go back to my old favourite and fall back in love with it all over again, currently I'm having a long term love affair with these two foundations.

I've had Dior skin nude for over a year now, its the perfect light shade for winter, I wear the 010 shade. Its a water based foundation and needs a good shake up before using. The formula gives almost like a second skin effect, the coverage is medium but it feels so lightweight you would never think it would give so much. I find the finish really similar to the Chanel vitalumiere aqua but possibly a tiny bit more dewy. It lasts really well on the skin too. To be perfectly honest I think this is the best foundation I have ever used!
My second love at the moment is actually the complete opposite in price to the Dior Nude, its the 17 BB cream. I was going to review this when it first came out but I couldn't quite make my mind up about it, some times it looked great sometimes it didn't. Now I have found the perfect way to apply it I love it. This product is best applied with your fingers or a kabuki brush like the Sigma F80, then the finish is really smooth, light to medium coverage with a dewy finish. Like most BB creams, this cream blurs imperfections like blemishes and fine lines without being really heavy.
Its quite thick and you only want a really thin layer of this product, its not that buildable and can cake up a little if you use too much. It stays on really well for this kind of product so its great for the day time.
Unbelievably I have actually almost finished the 17 BB cream and it only came out in November time I think so that really says something about how much I like it!

I do love these two but I am ALWAYS open to trying something new, so let me know what your current favourites are?

No comments:

Post a Comment