Thursday 14 April 2011

Mac makeup lesson part 1 - foundations

For my birthday my friends very kindly bought me a gift voucher for Mac so last week I made an appointment to have an hour makeup lesson so I could try the products and get abit of help, because to be honest on every other occasion I have found Mac staff really unhelpful.

Heres the look that the lovely Stacey at Mac Nottingham did for me, stupidly I forgot my camera so didn't get a photo of it on me.

I basically bought everything so I may have to break these posts up abit. In this one I will talk about the two foundations that I bought.


I have been looking for a new long lasting foundation to replace my double wear for ages so I bought pro long wear in NW20. So far I really like this foundation, the coverage is high but it doesn't feel too heavy and it really is long wear. I found it didn't dry quite as much as double wear which meant it didn't go as patchy as the day goes on. It also photographs amazing because often high coverage makes your face look mega pale, but this doesn't do that. If your looking for a different alternative to Estee Lauder double wear or a more hydrating version of other long wearing foundations like L'oreal infallible I'd give this a try.


I also got face and body foundation in C3, I got a darker colour so I can use it on the body (as I am a tan-aholic). This seems to be one of those products that no one ever reviews or talks about because everyone is meant to just know that it is amazing! and no surprise that it is! (I really need to start finding some rubbish products to review I'm starting to sound like Louis Walsh....I liked it!) Its a sheer coverage, but can be built once the product thickens up on the skin, its really long wearing too, I have been wearing this to work recently and its held up almost all day, 9 hours is pretty amazing! It stays very dewy so even I put a powder with it and I love shine so I probably wouldn't recommend it if you have oily skin. If you are looking for a a cheaper alternative to a body foundation try Sally Hansen's airbrush leg spray or Natural Collections tinted moisturiser which are both very good.


No comments:

Post a Comment