Thursday 1 September 2011

Look at all the empties!!!

Firstly I wanted to say a big welcome to my new followers!

Secondly, this post is going to be all about me showing off, showing off the new me, the new 'product finishing' Liv!

I have been rather skint through August, with 3 big birthdays taking up most of my money, so spending had to be cut down and I've actually be using up things I already have. Which for me is very very rare! So I thought I'd take you through all the products I finished in August, and here they are...All EIGHT of them!
- First up, Protect and perfect intense serum. At the moment I'm totally paranoid about getting wrinkles and even though I'm only 23 my very dry skin is starting to show lines :( booo skin! I know this product is raved about but it actually didn't make any massive improvement, although my wrinkles didn't get any worst I guess. I think its more for firming "loose" skin than getting rid of fine lines because my skin did feel more firm. It feels really lovely and smooth when going on, kind of like a silica based primer. I've started using a different serum that I love much more but more on that another time.

- Then it was the Dream satin liquid from Maybelline, *shivers* god awful foundation haha! I basically saw this was coming to an end and trucked through it even though I don't really like it. It looks lovely and fresh, with good coverage when it first goes on but I find most Maybelline foundations dry out my skin in patches after a few hours (excluding FIT which is amazing) and this one did just that.

- OH the holy grail of cleansers, cleanse and polish by Liz Earle, Totally fab! Just try and stop me from re-buying....nuff said!

- Gee that was quick, eye makeup remover by Benefit, really good, oil free remover with no residue. Although this product has been discontinued, the new "remove it" eye makeup remover (£16.50) is the same with a better smell. I did like this alot and it did a really good job but I'm actually one of the only people in the world that actually prefers an oil based eye makeup remover, if you don't give "remove it" a try!

- Clarins Wake up booster and daily cream from the energizer range (£19.50). I loved both these products, they smell absolutely DIVINE! The toner was really refreshing and cream gave so much hydration for a gel like formula. The only thing about the cream that I didn't like was no anti-aging properties, but as the range is aimed at young skin its obvious why not! I would really recommend this for a younger, normal-dry skin!

- M&S Shea nut body butter. Not a massive fan of this cream, it smelt nice but it felt kind of "sweaty" after you rubbed it in, I really don't know how to explain that in a nice way haha! It didn't soak in quickly and made me feel really hot when it was absorbing!

-Triple performing facial emulsion by Benefit (£19.50). Another lovely cream for younger skin, it really does brighten the skin up too. People actually commented on how good my skin looked when I was using it. I prefer the richer cream in the range but I think this would suit oily to slightly dry skin as it gives really really good hydration. Again it smells really nice, I'm abit obsessed with how products smell.

3 comments:

  1. WOOOOW! I wish I could finish products like that well done! :D I want to try some skincare products from Clarins, but scared of the price :P I can't believe you are worried about aging already, live young Liv! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same about aging :s i'm 23 in a month and feel like i have a few lines forming, plus my skin is so oily too! Can never find any skin care stuff I like enough to actually finish, let alone 8 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a lot to get through
    Maybelline Foundations never do me any favours either :(
    I love my Clinique foundation Xx

    ReplyDelete