Wednesday 2 February 2011

No7 spring colours


I know the world and its wife has blogged about the new No7 spring colours, but I have bought them and therefore I talking about them haha! The whole collection looks absolutely beautiful, the packaging is amazing..... and trust me I rarely have a good word to say about No7!
I decided to buy the two new lip colours (bridget and grace) and a gel liner (in blue). My reasons for this were, one of the lipsticks shares the same name as my sister, I hate No7 nail varnishes (even though they were pretty colours) and I am a total gel liner aholic!
I'm really impressed with the lipsticks (£10), although I'd say they were more of a tinted balm by the way they feel. Bridget (bright bubblegum pink), shown below is a hard colour to wear and would look better with someone with a deep tan, but Grace (very light rose) is possible the best day lip colour I've bought for ages. They don't last very long, but this was kind of expected by the glossiness of them!
Swatch below, Bridget above, grace below...


Bridget on the lips:


Not really sure about the gel liner (£10), for some reason unknown to my conscious self I bought blue, which is a colour I never really wear or like, I just seemed stupid to buy my 5th black gel liner. The brush that comes with it is possibly the WORST brush I have ever seen...... I wouldn't even clean my shoes with it, put it straight in the bin....but applied with a better brush (even N07's larger eye liner brush, £6.64 is pretty good). The colour doesn't stay on the best but would be fine for a night out, or a smudgy smoky eye.
If your into your makeup packaging or pretty palettes I'd really recommend the eye shadow palette it beautiful just too colourful for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment