Sunday 30 October 2011

Revlon Colour Stay Foundation

Ever since I finished my last drop of Estee Lauder's double wear at the beginning of the year I haven't been able to find a foundation that even compares. I don't mean that double wear was my HG foundation, its just ever since I've finished it I compare how all other foundations last against it, and they never even come close.
Some of the time, especially for work I really want a foundation I don't even have to think about through the day. As double wear has a pretty heft price tag, I decided to try another long wear foundation I have heard great reviews about... Introducing Revlon, Colour Stay £12.99.

I picked the colour 220 Natural Beige, which is actually slightly/really dark for me, but I picked it so I could wear it on nights out.
The texture of the product is thick and doesn't spread aswell as other foundations. To apply it I use my Sephora airbrush foundation brush but leave it a little streaky then buff it in with my stippling brush. Unlike double wear this foundation doesn't dry matte, it has a satin finish and a rather 'sticky' feeling to it so it does need powder to set it.

Obviously the hold of this foundation is amazing, although I don't think it is as good as double wear. It wears off in certain areas and creases around the laughter lines. Similar to double wear though, it does stick to drier areas of skin, it would suit a oily combination skin better than my dry skin.

The coverage of Colour Stay is medium to high and its very buildable. You can see the coverage and the colour in the photo below.


3 comments:

  1. I have hunted high and low for a Double Wear dupe, but out of all the drugstore brand foundations I have tried - nothing compares. I think prefer to pay the extra, for Double Wear or Diorskin Forever as the finish and longevity is unmatched on both.

    I used to wear Revlon Colourstay, but found that it is hard work to get a good even finish, and after using about a 1/3 of the bottle, it seemed as if it had 'gone off' or something, as it just didn't sit on the skin right. I think if you really can't afford the extra for Lauder, then Colourstay is probably the best alternative though.

    Edie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liv, have you ever tried mac studio fix fluid? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @holly, nah, Ive tried pro longwear and I didn't think the coverage was as good. I don't know if I've ever seen the studio fix fluid, whats it like?

    @edie, yeh i know think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and buy double wear again, it did last me almost 6months I dont know why I'm being so tigh! haha! I got a sample of Diorskin forever to try too!

    ReplyDelete